When it comes to comparison, we are very possessive of a single side, like Ronaldo Vs Messi. I bet you all have come across this comparison. But what about Web design Vs Web development. Generally, very few people have a clear understanding between them. They are different entities yet they are closely interlinked, they are like two sides of a coin. They are very closely related although they seem different. In General understanding, web design is a design or the outlook of a website, whereas web development as the term suggests is development undergone in developing components of a website.
The website development has many phases but the most important two elements for developing a website are, I know you have guessed it well, it is a Web design and Web development.
As both are an integral part of a website. Let us see what they really mean and how they are significant in developing a website.
A visual part or we can say the first thing end-user notices about a website is its design.
When we visit a website, we can identify the website just by observing the design of it. Hence we can say it is an important attribute of a website.
Web design is a process of designing your website. From selecting a color combination, basic page outlook to the animation, everything comes under the web design phase. A Quality of web design can be differentiated between a visually appealing website to an ordinary website. Web design is done by web designers.
This is a complex and totally different elements of a website. We can simply say that it is the main engine of a website. For example, A driving force of a car generates through its engine, Similarly, the working of a website is done in the web development phase. With the help of Web development, a designed website is brought up to life, by adding functions and features. The end-user can manipulate the content of the website with the help of web development. Web development is done by web developers.
What Are Actual Differences Between Web Design and Web Development?
Web design and Web development are totally different elements of a website, yet they are connected with each other. The major differences between them are as follows:
- Web design mainly focuses on the appearance part of a website, whereas Web development focuses on the functionality part of a website.
- Web design is done by web designers, Web development is done by web developers.
- The color combination, design of layouts, animations, and graphics comes under the web design process.
- The functionality of websites such as Content manipulation of websites for example blogs, contact form, registration of users, User dashboard and features of the website comes under the web development process.
- Web Design is an initial process that is followed by web development to develop a website but this process may vary between companies.
- Web design usually takes less time than Web development, but again this may vary given the complexity of the web design.
- Web development is done through technology such as Laravel, WordPress, Python, etc.
Which is better Web design or Web development ??
We can relate web design and web development as two sides of a coin. A coin must have both sides. Similarly for developing a complete website, Web design and Web development are a must.
In a website development process, web design is the visual appearance, and to make this dynamic, functional web development is done. Hence to develop a complete website, both Web design and Web development play a vital role.